The purpose of JCPS Language Services is to obtain language support. We help the district communicate effectively with English learners and their families in their native languages.
- Language Services is pleased to offer language support for all JCPS international families. To learn how to access language support, an informational video is provided in various languages.
- Face-to-face interpreting
- Telephone interpreting
- Translation of Documents
Accessing Interpretation/Translation Services
- Emergency Requests—Call 485-6379 for the following: Suicidal, injured, suspended, bullying, fighting, bus misbehavior, etc.
- Non-Emergency Interpreter Requests (Oral Communication)
- Complete an Interpreter Request, If you need assistance, please view the appropriate video.
- Complete Interpreter Request a minimum of five days prior to the date of service. If less than five days, call Language Services at (502) 485-6379.
- To work effectively with an interpreter, follow these instructions.
- Non-Emergency Translation Requests (Written Communication)
T.I.E. Requester User Information
T.I.E. Translators/Interpreters User Information
- T.I.E. Translator/Interpreter —Translator/Interpreter Tutorial
- T.I.E. Translator/Interpreter - PowerPoint Presentation
- T.I.E. Translator/Interpreter—Enrollment Form
- You will receive a confirmation email from Language Services after you submit your request.
- Language Services will review your request promptly.
- Language Services will correspond by phone, email, or text to keep you informed of the status of your request.