Language Services is pleased to offer language support for all JCPS international families. To learn how to access language support, an informational video is provided in various languages.
The purpose of JCPS Language Services is to obtain language support. We help the district communicate effectively with English learners and their families in their native languages.
What We Do
- Telephone interpreting
- Quick access to trained interpreters when an urgent need arises
- Support in dozens of languages
- Face-to-face interpreting
- Appointments planned in advance for lengthy or complex issues
- Parents/Staff prefer to work with an interpreter in person.
- Video interpreting
- Instant access to a virtual on-site interpreter
- Translation of documents
- Documents used districtwide
- Parent notes
Accessing Interpretation/Translation Services
- Emergency Requests—Call (502) 485-6379 for the following: Suicidal, injured, ill, suspended, bullying, fighting, bus misbehavior, etc.
- Non-Emergency Interpreter Requests (Oral Communication)
- Non-Emergency Translation Requests (Written Communication)
- You will receive a confirmation email from Language Services after you submit your request.
- Language Services will review your request promptly.
- Language Services will correspond by phone, email, or text to keep you informed of the status of your request.
- Sources of interpreters—JCPS bilinguals for telephone and face-to-face interpretation as well as two outside vendors—one for face-to-face interpretation and one for telephone/video interpretation
- Confidentiality Statement
- Top Tips for Working With Interpreters
- Tips for Working With Interpreters
T.I.E. Requester User Information
T.I.E. Translators/Interpreters User Information
- T.I.E. Translator/Interpreter—Translator/Interpreter Tutorial
- T.I.E. Translator/Interpreter—PowerPoint Presentation
- T.I.E. Translator/Interpreter—Enrollment Form