Special Dietary Needs

Food Allergies

Students with food allergies that affect a vital life function are permitted to request meal modifications. A United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)-required form, which must be completed and signed by a physician, is available by clicking the link below. The form also is available from your child’s school nutrition services manager. Parents are encouraged to make their child’s school office aware of all student allergies.

Download the food allergy/intolerances form.

Caution: Common food allergen triggers—including dairy, eggs, fish, milk, nuts, soy, and wheat—may have come in contact with some or all JCPS foods due to cross-contamination in manufacturing or preparation.

Special Dietary Needs

Students with disabilities that restrict their diets receive substitutions or modifications to school meals. The need for substitutions must be supported by a statement signed by a physician.

Schools may make food substitutions, at their discretion and on a case-by-case basis, for students who don’t have a disability but are medically certified as having a special medical or dietary need. This includes students who have food intolerances or allergies but don’t have life-threatening reactions (anaphylactic reactions) when exposed to specific foods.

Download the diabetes form.

Download the g-tube-swallowing-feeding form.          

Food Preferences

Schools do not make modifications to meals based solely on food preferences.

Discrimination Grievance Handbook (PDF)