2021-22 School Year—All students at all schools receive meals at no cost!
It is still very important that families fill out the applicable form below to help with fee waivers, school funding, Family Resource and Youth Services Center (FRYSC) programs, etc.
Questions and Answers
Which form do I fill out? The Free/Reduced-Price Meal Application or the Educational Benefits Form?
- These schools are eligible for meals at no cost through Community Eligibility (CE). An Educational Benefits Form should be completed if you have children attending these schools.
- These schools are not CE and require an application to determine if you are eligible for free or reduced-price meals. You may fill out an application online or at various JCPS locations.
- If you have children attending both types of schools, complete the application.
- If you have Pre-K students, please complete the application.
For more information, call (502) 485-6237.
What is CE?
CE allows school districts in high-poverty areas to provide meals at no cost to students in schools that qualify. Most JCPS schools qualify for CE, which means all students at those schools receive meals at no cost.
How were CE schools selected?
Schools were selected based on the percentage of Directly Certified (DC) students.
What is a DC student?
Students may be Directly Certified when they receive certain federal benefits, including Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program (K-TAP). Students identified by the district as homeless, Head Start, migrant, or runaways are also considered DC. Some foster children and some children receiving Medicaid may also be considered DC.
Please read this if your child does not attend a CE school:
List of Non-CE Schools
Students who do not attend a CE school may qualify for free or reduced-price meals.
Households must complete a new application each school year. Applications are available in six different languages online at MySchoolApps or by clicking directly on the links below:
- Apply Now (English)
- Apply Now (Spanish)
- Apply Now (Arabic)
- Apply Now (French)
- Apply Now (Vietnamese)
- Apply Now (Chinese-Mandarin)
Online applications are faster, easier, and more confidential, but if you prefer, you can request a paper copy by calling (502) 485-6237 or by visiting your neighborhood school.
You may also visit our Application Lab if you need help:
C. B. Young Jr. Service Center
Nutrition Services Application Lab
3001 Crittenden Drive, Rm. 133
Louisville, KY 40209-1104