At Blake Elementary, we actively challenge, engage, and support every student in meaningful learning every day in order to reach each one’s full potential. We focus on instruction that is based on standards and strive to meet the needs of students with diverse learning styles. We believe that students come first and offer a caring, supportive school community.
- Offers individualized instruction to meet the diverse needs of students on a daily basis, through small- group intervention and enrichment sessions
- State-of-the-art educational technology in all classrooms, with Chromebooks and interactive flat panels
- Special areas include Art, Music, Library, Physical Education, Compassionate Schools Project, and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Lab.
- Many extracurricular programs are offered to students, including band, orchestra, LG&E Engineering Club, student council, safety patrol, basketball, soccer, drama club, Girls Who Code, Tae Kwon Do, and Student Technology Leadership Program (STLP).
- All students use the engineering design process in the STEM Lab, along with access to robotics, coding, green screen technology, digital art and graphic design, and digital music.
- Primary Talent Pool (kindergarten through grade three) and Advance Program (grades four and five)
- English as a Second Language (ESL) services are offered for students who need them.
- Restorative Practices and Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) are used to support students in a structured, safe environment.