Para ver este video en Español, por favor haga clic aquí.
Welcome to The Academies of Louisville
The Academies of Louisville prepare, inspire, and empower students by offering meaningful and relevant learning experiences that directly relate to our world today.
The goal is to transform the high school experience by teaching core content subjects through the lens of career applications so students see the relevance to their future.
Our Academy model is based on the framework of Ford Next Generation Learning (NGL), which enables communities to create and execute a sustainable, long-term plan for evolving education. Ford NGL communities benefit from the following outcomes:
- Increased high school graduation rates
- Increased academic achievement
- Improved preparation for college, careers, and life with an increased number of students graduating from high school with industry certifications and college credits
- Increased earning potential
- Increased talent pipeline
- Greater community prosperity
Transforming Public Education for a 21st-Century Workforce
The Academies of Louisville launched in fall 2017 with a mission to evolve public high school education by equipping students with the skills and 21st-century know-how needed to thrive in an ever-changing global economy.
By connecting high schools to business and community partners, the Academy model aligns education and workforce development needs to better prepare students for postsecondary and career success. Academy students will graduate not only with a diploma but also with college credits, industry certifications, real work experience, and a backpack full of success skills.
Beyond graduating college-, career-, and transition-ready, students will have a head start on life in the real world. Believing deeply in educational equity for all, this initiative prepares, inspires, and empowers all Academy students to reach their highest potential. No tuition or application is required.
After four years in an Academy, students will graduate with:
- Direct career and industry exposure
- Industry and college field trips
- Job shadowing experience
- Junior- and senior-year internships through SummerWorks
- The ability to earn college credits and industry credentials
- The ability to earn work experience through co-ops or apprenticeships
- Networking opportunities with local industry professionals
- Success skills and a postsecondary transition plan