The JCPS Communications Department offers a range of services for local and national media:
- Responds to inquiries by providing information, statements, and guidance
- Plans and hosts events and press conferences to announce JCPS news and progress
- Drafts and issues news releases, advisories, public statements, and other coordinated communications efforts
Requesting Media Access to Schools
The JCPS Communications Department will take all media requests for access to a school during normal school hours. Reporters can contact the department’s main telephone line at (502) 485-3551, (502) 338-5377 or (502) 322-4565.
The department and the school will determine if the request for access is appropriate. All reporters—and all guests—are required to sign in in the school’s main office, wear a guest pass at all times, and comply with all district policies and local and state laws concerning the use of minors in news and broadcasting.
- Reporters must have permission to be on a school campus.
- Reporters are allowed access to students and school activities only at the discretion of JCPS Communications and the principal.
- Reporters are not allowed in classrooms that are testing.
- Reporters may be allowed in classrooms at the discretion of JCPS Communications, the principal and teacher.
- Interviews with students must have the approval of JCPS Communications, the principal and teacher.
- Large-group shots of students are permitted, but personally identifiable photographs or video of some students may not be allowed if their parent or guardian has signed a form opting their child out of implied permission to be photographed or videotaped.