JCPS Academic Support Programs include a wide range of departments and functions that have a direct impact on students’ welfare and success beyond regular classroom instruction.
Academic Support Programs include the following:
- Community Support Services (AmeriCorps, Neighborhood Place, and Student Support Services)
- English as a Second Language
- Early Childhood
- Family Resource and Youth Services Centers (FRYSCs)
- Guidance Services
- Physical Development and Health Services
- Mental Health Services
Together, these departments and initiatives plan, develop, collaborate, lead, and support caring and academically achieving school communities for every student’s success.
- Advance the understanding of the JCPS vision, mission, and strategic plan
- Connect the district’s achievement goals to each Academic Support Department’s achievement goals
- Define and refine the important support systems in our school district
- Move forward to close the opportunity (achievement) gap