JCPS Academic Support Programs include a wide range of departments and functions that have a direct impact on students’ welfare and success beyond regular classroom instruction.
Academic Support Programs include the following:
- Community Support Services (AmeriCorps, Neighborhood Place, and Student Support Services)
- English as a Second Language
- Early Childhood
- Family Resource and Youth Services Centers (FRYSCs)
- Guidance Services
- Health Services
Also included is Louisville Linked, which connects community partnerships with JCPS students.
Together, these departments and initiatives plan, develop, collaborate, lead, and support caring and academically achieving school communities for every student’s success.
- Advance the understanding of the JCPS vision, mission, and strategic plan
- Connect the district’s achievement goals to each Academic Support Department’s achievement goals
- Define and refine the important support systems in our school district
- Move forward to close the opportunity (achievement) gap